Thank you for joining us in person for the 35th Annual Book Fair! We understand not everyone could make it out in person. Join us online for our virtual book fair.
Enjoy a new selection of books plus 10% off! A portion of the proceeds is donated to Goddard Riverside to support our programs.
Bookshop is a platform with a mission to financially support local, independent bookstores. Goddard Riverside is a member of the affiliate program and receives a percentage of commission on every sale.
Browse the books displayed on our page or search for any books in the search box. Just make sure to enter Bookshop through our affiliate page by clicking the link above.
We’re back in person! Each year, our friends and neighbors join us for a three-day weekend of great bargains on books, and family fun.
For over three decades, thousands of brand-new books donated by publishers have been sold at the Book Fair for 50% off, with proceeds going to support the programs at Goddard Riverside.
Goddard Riverside’s 35th Annual Book Fair will be held in person this year on Saturday, November 20th, and Sunday, November 21st at 593 Columbus Avenue (88th and Columbus) from 10 am to 5 pm. Admission is free.
- What Covid safety protocols will be in place? To keep shoppers safe all shoppers must show proof of Covid vaccination OR a negative PCR test within 72 hours. Children must be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
We will be implementing a one way flow through the building for shoppers. Masks are mandatory to wear at the book fair at all times.
If the space gets crowded we will hold the line to ensure ample distance between shoppers.
- Is it free to enter the book fair? Yes! There is no charge for entering the book fair on Saturday and Sunday.
- Will the fair be handicap accessible? Yes, our center is handicap accessible. The book fair will be held at our Older Adult Center (593 Columbus Ave). There is a ramp and automatic doors. There are no stairs once inside the building.
- Will there be a Book Bash this year for a first look? Yes, our Book Bash will be Friday, November 19th. Tickets are available for purchase. Learn more on our Book Bash page.
- Will you have Book Fair swag available? Yes! We’ll have classic Book Fair swag including t-shirts, cotton book fair tote bags and foldable Goddard Riverside tote bags available for purchase.
- Will I still get a free cotton book fair tote bag with purchases of $100 and more? Yes! If you spend $100 or more you will receive a free cotton book fair tote bag.
- Can I bring my own tote bag? Yes, you can bring your own empty tote bag to use after your purchase has been made. We’ll provide bags for shopping. We will also have bags available for puchase at check-out.
- Will there be a bag/coat/stroller check? Outside shopping bags, strollers and carts won’t be permitted inside but we will have designated area to leave them by the entrance.
- Where do the books come from? All books are donated by our generous publishing partners and available to shoppers for 50% off!