A unique point of access for community-driven expression, healing, & togetherness!
Goddard Riverside’s Community Arts program provides opportunities for people of all ages to experience and participate in the arts. Our shared multi-use spaces serve as a creative resource hub for the Upper West Side community to share, learn, heal, explore, innovate, and excel. We are committed to countering adversity with joy and strive to meet the needs of those of us currently experiencing financial hardship and members of historically marginalized groups.
Community Arts events take place at the Bernie Wohl Center, at Columbus Avenue between W 91st and 92nd Street.
In tandem with our community partners and artists-in-residence, our Sep-June season presents inclusive & inter-disciplinary arts events focused on the diversification, betterment, and enrichment of our local community. We invite you to join:
- performances, classes, and workshops that stimulate your creativity
- community initiatives where you can get connected with resources
- seasonal celebrations and festivities for the whole family
- informative, interactive panels and screenings
- social gatherings: open mics, poetry slams, dances, etc.
In addition, we offer under-market affordable rates for hosting:
- Meetings, Classes & Workshops
- Rehearsals: Music, Dance, Theater etc.
- Co-Working & Social Entrepreneurship
- Lectures, Panels, Screenings, Seminars etc.
- Exhibitions & Fairs
- Performances & Concerts
- Special Events
- and more!
To book an event, please complete our Booking Request Form to introduce yourself. The Bernie Wohl Center cannot host personal/private events such as weddings, birthday parties, etc. or events affiliated with religious institutions.
Covid 19 Notice
As always, health and safety is our highest priority. Until further notice, all visitors to the Bernie Wohl Center are required to:
- Sign in with a brief self-screening (all individuals)
- Wear a mask except when actively eating or drinking
- Maintain social distancing (3 to 6 feet) wherever possible
Thank you for helping keep our community safe!
Please note that there are 8 rather steep steps leading down into the Bernie Wohl Center’s auditorium. While the Center is equipped with a motorized stair lift and assistance for anyone who requires it, individuals do need to transition themselves into and out of the stair lift’s chair.
212-799-9400 ext 4405
Goddard Riverside’s Bernie Wohl Center
647 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10025