Helping New Yorkers Get Into—and Finish—College
See the Options Institute for our college access training programs.
Goddard Riverside’s Options Center supports New Yorkers with getting into, paying for, and graduating from college or skill-specific certificate programs. We specialize in working with low-income and first-generation students, who often face the largest barriers to accessing and completing college.
- One-to-one advising starting with a focus on college and other post-secondary choices
- Support and counseling for students through graduation with regular check-ins and degree audits
- Support on obtaining financial aid and paying for college
- College trips, recruiter visits, workshop series and other resources
- Campus visits and regular check-ins
- Need-based fee waivers, supplies, and grants to pay for transportation, textbooks and more based on need
- Assistance with college transfers and re-enrollment
More than 7,000 youth and adults have gone to college with the help of the Options Center. 500 students are currently being supported by Options in college. Our vision is that all young people will have meaningful opportunities and the support they need to earn quality post-secondary degrees.
Who Can Participate
- Juniors and seniors at NYC public/parochial high schools
- Young adults and adults in NYC with a high school diploma or TASC/GED
Wednesdays, 2-3 pm
Chad Franklin, Director
Aledra Floyd, Administrative Coordinator of Counseling
352 West 110th Street
New York, NY 10025