Provides Students with one-to-one Tutoring
Star Learning Center is offering online and in-person tutoring for the 2022-23 school year.
The Star Learning Center provides students from underserved communities with one-to-one tutoring designed to help overcome barriers to learning and succeed in school.
Star creates an individual plan for each child, and every tutor writes a weekly report tracking the student’s progress. Many tutors work with the same child for months and even years, creating close partnerships that can transform a child’s grades and build his or her confidence as a learner.
- one-to-one tutoring: once a week for two hours for students in grades 2-12
- academic plans tailored to meet each student’s needs
- individual advocacy to connect students and their families to services, supports and opportunities
- summer tutoring: available for students who enroll in the school-year program
- Students must qualify for free or reduced lunch at school.
- There is a $150 registration fee for school-year tutoring. Payment plans are available. There is a $50 fee for summer tutoring.
To become a tutor, please fill out an online application.
212-799-2369 ext 4702
26 West 84th St. Second Floor
New York, NY 10024