The RISE Youth Center engages young people in positive social relationships and connects them to learning experiences and opportunities. It seeks to broaden their worldview by exposing them to new activities.
The Center is open during the school year three nights a week, Tuesday through Thursday from 7pm to 9:30pm, for youth ages 13 to 24. In the summer it stays open 7 days a week from 6 to 11 on weekdays and 3 to 11 on weekends.
- computer lab
- a STEM program engaging teens in addressing community challenges through data, technology and problem-solving
- social activities
- games of strategy
- homework and study help
- college access workshops by the Options program
- help with the high school selection process through Fordham University Law School LEEAP program
- a partnership with Youth Represent for services surrounding legal issues
- connection to an on-site High School Equivalency preparation class
- graphic design
- video game design