The RISE Youth Center engages young people in positive social relationships and connects them to learning experiences and opportunities. It seeks to broaden their worldview by exposing them to new activities.
The Center is open during the school year three nights a week, Tuesday through Thursday from 6pm to 8:30pm, for youth ages 12 to 18. In the summer it stays open 7 days a week from 6pm to 11pm on weekdays and 3pm to 11pm on weekends.
- a STEM program engaging teens in addressing community challenges through data, technology and problem-solving
- social activities
- games of strategy
- homework and study help
- Internship opportunities for participants aged 16-24
- Job readiness workshops (resume writing, professional development, etc.)
- college access workshops by the Options program
- a partnership with Youth Represent for services surrounding legal issues
- connection to an on-site High School Equivalency preparation class