The Book Bash is the kickoff party for the Goddard Riverside Book Fair. Each year the Book Bash is held the Friday night before Thanksgiving weekend, with the Book Fair sale following it on Saturday and Sunday.
It offers the chance to enjoy delicious food, great company, and great music while getting the first crack at the thousands of hot titles on sale.
This year’s Book Bash will be held on Friday, November 19th at 593 Columbus Avenue (88th and Columbus). Doors open at 6:00 PM.
A limited amount of tickets will be available at the door depending on ticket sales. Buy your ticket now to secure your entry!
Proof of vaccination is required to attend the Book Bash. Masks should be worn at all times except when eating.
What to expect at the Book Bash?
- Be the first to shop for books and gifts!
- Beer and wine open bar! *Select spirits will be available.
- Light bites
- Festive attire
All book sale proceeds support’s Goddard Riversides’s programs for children, teens, older adults, people experiencing homelessness, and people with mental illness.
Become a sponsor today!
- What Covid safety protocols will be in place for the Book Bash? To keep Book Bash shoppers safe, anyone attending must show proof of Covid vaccination. Masks should be worn at all times except when eating.
- Can I buy my Book Bash ticket at the door? Tickets are no longer available at the door. We have reached capacity. We have now SOLD OUT!
- Is it free to enter the book fair? Yes! There is no charge for entering the book fair on Saturday and Sunday. Learn more on the Book Fair page.
- Will the fair be handicap accessible? Yes, our center is handicap accessible. The book fair will be held at our Older Adult Center (593 Columbus Ave). There is a ramp and automatic doors. There are no stairs once inside the building.
- Will you have Book Fair swag available? Yes! We’ll have classic Book Fair swag including t-shirts, cotton book fair tote bags and foldable Goddard Riverside tote bags available for purchase.
- Will I still get a free cotton book fair tote bag with purchases of $100 and more? Yes! If you spend $100 or more you will receive a free cotton book fair tote bag.
- Can I bring my own tote bag? Yes, you can bring your own empty tote bag to use after your purchase has been made. We’ll provide bags for shopping. We will also have bags available for puchase at check-out.
- Will there be a bag and coat check? Outside shopping bags and carts won’t be permitted inside but we will have designated area to leave them by the entrance and a coat check available for the Book Bash.
- Where do the books come from? All books are donated by our generous publishing partners and available to shoppers for 50% off!