Goddard Riverside advocates for a fair and just society where everyone can thrive.
Voting in NYC
Confirm Voter Registration status, Polling Site and see a sample Ballot
To confirm your voter registration status: visit NYS Board of Elections or call: 866-VOTE-NYC, 866-868-3692, or TTY-212-487-5496.
To confirm your polling site, Election District (ED) and sample ballot of candidates: visit NYC Poll Site Locator or call: 866-VOTE-NYC, 866-868-3692, or TTY-212-487-5496.
Absentee Ballots and additional information
If you are temporarily or permanently unable to go to your poll site on Election Day, you may vote by absentee ballot. You can still use concern about exposure to Covid as a reason to request an absentee ballot.
You need to complete an absentee ballot application and mail it to the Board of Elections (BOE) to obtain a ballot.
Request a form online or call: 866-VOTE-NYC, 866-868-3692, or TTY-212-487-5496.
The Board of Elections website has lots of additional information, a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) and additional flyers, forms and signs for voters and candidates.
For those who do not have access to the internet, The Board of Elections operates an attended Phone Bank supporting up to 80 simultaneous users during office hours (Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm) with a multi-lingual staff of English, Spanish, Chinese Mandarin/Cantonese, Korean and Bengali speaking operators.
CALL 866-VOTE-NYC (866-868-3692) OR TTY 212-487-5496 (FOR HEARING IMPAIRED)
Listen to Congressman Nadler’s report and his thoughts on: Built it Back Better legislation, the January 6th investigation, congressional redistricting & Gerrimandering, and more…
- How can seniors get a higher increase in their Social Security cost of living adjustment or COLA; what can be done about exorbitantly high prescription drug costs and price increases?
- What would the “George Floyd Justice in Policing Act” that you sponsor do; what is the status of passing the bill? When will The President or Congress act on student loan forgiveness?
- Will funding for Crisis Intervention Teams staffed with mental health professionals be in place when the new nationwide 3 digit “988” phone number goes live in July 2022?
- Funding for averting evictions and preventing homelessness is so vital what is Congress doing to fund lawyers for tenants in housing court and provide additional desperately needed rent relief money?
- What are the prospects for capital funding for affordable housing preservation and new production in both the budget appropriations bill and a reduced in scope “Build it Back Better” bill?
Listen and hear Congressman Nadler’s answers on these & more.
Key Issues and Coalitions
- Goddard Riverside is a proud member of the Right to Counsel NYC Coalition. We helped win the nation’s first law guaranteeing legal representation to low-income residents in Housing Court. We are now working with the coalition on a number of goals including canceling rent for New Yorkers in light of the COVID-19 crisis.
- We work on a variety of issues with our fellow settlement houses through United Neighborhood Houses.
- We believe deeply that Black Lives Matter.
Director of Advocacy and Organizing
593 Columbus Ave.
New York, NY 10024