POLYMNIA: “Many Expressions of Joy”
Welcome to Goddard Riverside’s Community Arts Program’s Annual W.H.A.M. Festival! In past years, we hosted exhibitions of local visual artists alongside our performance arts festival. This years W.H.A.M. ART EXHIBIT 2023, we’re venturing online with an exciting 31 day digital pop-up affordable art market, called “POLYMNIA: Many Expressions of Joy.”
From Feb 1 to Feb 28 we are accepting submissions on a rolling basis of physical artworks from local woman-identifying artists of all ages & backgrounds. Images of the works will be viewable in our online gallery and listed for sale at a range of price points. Buyers can purchase from March 1 to March 31 (The duration of the W.H.A.M. Festival).
Artists must be responsible for accepting payment for their pieces (Venmo, Cashapp, Zelle, or PayPal recommend) and pledge to donate 50% of the sale price to the Community Arts program. All donations are tax deductible and artists will receive a gift receipt.
What We’re Looking For:
- Visual Art: Painting, Drawing, Photography, Collage Etc.
- Handmade Items: Sculpture, Jewelry, Decor, Fashion Etc.
- Diverse group of perspectives and artists
- Wide range of price points
- 20-40 pieces will be selected
Eligibility: Any female-identifying artist residing within the 5 boroughs of NYC or Greater New York Area.
Transportation: Must be able to transport your works to 647 Columbus Avenue between April 1 to April 15 if sold.
Sale Price: By submitting your works, you pledge to donate 50% of the sale price to support future arts programming. When deciding a sale price, remember we are seeking pieces for a variety of price points.
What to Submit: Photos/ Images of your art works (multiple scales/angles preferred) Max. 6 pieces per submitter. Artwork can be about anything keeping in mind this year’s theme is 9 Muses, and the point of the Festival is to spotlight women artists and women’s experiences.
- Photos: Must be high-quality, high-resolution representations of the piece. Ideal image submissions contain a white or neutral background.
- Dimensions of piece in all directions, and weight if applicable.
- Title of piece
- Materials of piece
- 1-3 sentences about the individual piece
- Artist statement (Up to 150 words, including links to sites)
- Optional head shot (JPEG or PNG only)