Effective Postsecondary Planning: Supporting Access and Success for All Students
From helping families decipher financial aid packages to helping students make good-fit postsecondary choices, this series provides participants with the knowledge and resources to meet the postsecondary advising needs of their students.
- This seven session series is open to staff who serve as college advisors in DOE schools.
- Participants must commit to and attend all seven workshops in a series.
- Network youth development specialists are strongly encouraged to attend with school staff.
- Supervisors of applicants will be expected to submit written support of staff participation.
- The Office of Postsecondary Readiness has covered the cost of this series.
Individual Workshops for DOE Staff
This year the Options Institute is partnering with the NYC Department of Education Office of Postsecondary Readiness to offer two workshops to DOE counselors, advisors, and other staff free of charge.
- Educational and Work-Related Alternatives to College
- Students with Disabilities and the College Process
- Financial Aid Refresher and Updates
- How to Run a Financial Aid Workshop
- Opportunity Programs
Eligibility for the free professional development includes:
– DOE staff (district and charter staff) responsible for leading / supporting postsecondary planning in their schools
– CBO staff that work full-time inside DOE school (e.g. CBI college counselors)
– Field Support Center staff
– other central/support staff in a capacity building role leading PD for counselors/parent coordinators.
Department of Education staff members who want to sign up for the Effective Postsecondary Planning series should email Zee Santiago at email@example.com and make an Options Institute account.